Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

Update: Chipped, and nicked at dinner. Oh, well back to my OPI.



I purchased these at my local Walgreens for $9.99 plus tax, to give them a try. Says they last up to 10 days. I need that. Yes, I have short nails, oh well.
So, instructions were really easy to follow, everything you need is in box, except some nail polish remover to clean your nails. But, I had that. Followed the instructions, I have short nails, so I used one strip on 2 nails, in other words, left pinky, and right pinky, each got the same strip. So, I have a whole group of unopened strips to go. Now that would make it $5 per mani. Now that would be a good deal, if it lasts. It took me about 35 - 40 minutes to apply, time may improve with practice. You do have to be careful with the orangewood, cuticle stick as you can tear the polish, this was hardest around the cuticle area, but again, better over time. I am happy with the results, typing away with them now. Now, if they will only last.
The downside, is they don't have a ton of colors, could be my Walgreens, but I settled on this Champagne color, called 270, Raise a Glass, a nice neutral metallic color.
Anyone else have any luck with these?

No comments: